Primavera P6 Professional Fundamentals
This Primavera P6 Professional Fundamentals training takes you through the entire project life cycle, from planning to execution. Learn to add activities, assign resources, create a baseline, plan, schedule and more.
This Primavera P6 Professional training leads you through the entire project life cycle, from planning to execution. You’ll develop a thorough understanding of how to plan and schedule.
Create and schedule a project. Assign resources. Adjust the project schedule. Execute and control the project. Add activities.
Benefits to You
Enrolling in this course will help you understand P6 Professional’s basic features and functionality so you can apply them to your organization’s project management processes. You’ll also learn how to manage projects on time and within budget to ensure optimal outcomes from capital and resource investments.
Explore Project Management Fundamentals
All workshops and instruction stress the three basic elements of project management: schedule, resources and costs. At the end of each day, you’ll apply the concepts and functionality you learned in a case study. The course is divided into three sections: Creating a Project; Scheduling the Project; Project Execution and Control.
Use P6 Professional
The course uses P6 Professional, Primavera’s Windows-based, client/server application. It is appropriate for those using P6 Professional either as a stand-alone application or as part of P6 EPPM.
Please note that this course uses the P6 Optional Client (Windows-based client).
- End User
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define roles and resources
- Assign roles
- Assign resources
- Analyze resources
- Optimize the project plan
- Understand data structures
- Create a project
- Add activities
- View calendars
- Create relationships
- Schedule the project
- Assign constraints
- Create reports
- Format schedule data
- Execute the project
Understanding P6 Data
- Describing Enterprise and Project-Specific data
- Logging In
- Opening an Existing Project
- Opening and Customizing Layouts
Enterprise Project Structure
- Describing Components of EPS
Creating a Project
- Create a project
- Navigating in the Projects
- Window Viewing Project Details
Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Defining a Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating the WBS Hierarchy
- Describing an Activity and its Components
- Describing Activity Types
- Adding Activities
- Adding a Notebook Topic
- Adding Steps to an Activity
- Assigning Activity Codes
- Viewing a Network Logic
- Diagram Relationship Types
- Creating Relationships
- Performing a Forward and Backward Pass
- Describing Float
- Applying an Overall Deadline to a Project
- Apply a Constraint to an Activity
Using Reflection Projects
- Creating a Reflection Project
- Merging Changes
Formatting Schedule Data
- Grouping Activities
Roles and Resources
- Describing Roles and Resources
- Viewing Dictionaries
- Assigning Roles to an Activity
- Assign Rates on Roles
- Assigning Resources
- Adjusting Budgeted Units/Time
- Displaying the Resource Usage Profile
Optimizing the Project Plan
- Analyzing Schedule Dates
- Shortening a Project Schedule
- Analyzing Resource Availability
Baselining the Project Plan
- Creating a Baseline Plan
- Display Baseline Bars on the Gantt Chart
Project Execution and Control
- Describing Methods for Updating the Schedule
- Using Progress Spotlight
- Statusing Activities
- Rescheduling the Project
- Describing Reporting Methods
- Running a Schedule Report
- Creating a report with the Report Wizard
Primavera P6 Professional Advanced
This Primavera P6 Professional Advanced training explores resource management and advanced project management techniques using P6 Professional. Learn new ways to manage resources and analyze project performance.
This Primavera P6 Professional Advanced training teaches you about resource management topics like manual allocation, bucket planning and leveling. Project management topics include earned value analysis and advanced scheduling.
- Use bucket planning.
- Use resource leveling.
- Use earned value analysis.
- Calculate percent complete.
- Calculate multiple float paths.
- Analyze resource usage.
Benefits to You
Understand P6 Professional’s advanced resource and project management functionality so you can make improved decisions when managing your projects. You’ll learn how to manage resources effectively to maximize investment and use advanced project management techniques to ensure maximum return on investment.
- Primavera P6 Professional Fundamentals Rel 18 Ed 1
- Basic project management knowledge
- Basic knowledge of P6 Professional
- End User
- Calculate percent complete
- Analyze resources and roles
- Use advanced scheduling techniques
- Use global change Bucket planning
- Use the Assignments
- window Analyze resources
- Level resources
- Use earned value
Using Earned Value Analysis
- Calculating Planned Value Cost
- Calculating Actual Cost
- Calculating Earned Value Cost
- Measuring Performance Percent Complete
Managing Multiple Projects
- Opening Multiple Projects
- Setting the Default Project
Analyzing Resources and Roles
- Using the Resource Usage Profile
- Using the Resource Usage Spreadsheet
Manually Allocating Resources
- Viewing the Assignments Window
- Viewing and Editing Allocation
Using Bucket Planning
- Editing Future Buckets
- Using Curves
- Setting Leveling Options
- Leveling Based on Priority
- Multiple Float Paths
- Calendar Effect on Lag
- Scheduling Out-of-Sequence Activities
Using Global Change
- Creating a User Defined Field
- Running a Global Change