PRINCE2 Agile Foundation
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation is designed for individuals who are new to PRINCE2 and are working in or around an agile project environment. This course covers an overview of PRINCE2, an introduction to agile and how to apply the two together. Candidates will gain a broad range of knowledge of agile concepts and techniques including Scrum, Kanban, Lean Start-up and Cynefin, including exploring the interface between PRINCE2 and agile ways of working.
What you will learn
- Prepare for the PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation Exam
- Understand the key aspects of PRINCE2®
- Understand basic concepts behind common agile ways of working
- Demonstrate the purpose of combining PRINCE2 with agile
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Apply the PRINCE2 principles and tailor the themes, processes and management
- products to a project in an agile context
- Incorporate the areas that can support a PRINCE2 Agile implementation
The course comprises a mixture of input sessions and group exercises. All delegates are encouraged to actively participate during the practical sessions to gain the full benefit during the training. During the course, delegates will undertake a number of mock examinations and gain feedback on the progress towards eventual success. To prepare effectively for the PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation exam, delegates should be prepared to undertake revision and exam preparation work in the evening.
- What is a Project?
- An Overview of PRINCE2
- An Introduction to Agile
- Blending PRINCE2 and Agile
- What to Fix and What to Flex
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to Agile
- Agile Behaviours and The PRINCE2 Principles
- Agile and The PRINCE2 Themes
- Agile and The PRINCE2 Processes
- Focus Areas
- Rich communication
- Frequent releases
Who should attend?
Agile professionals, project managers and aspiring project managers who want to be able to combine PRINCE2® and Agile in the most effective way when using PRINCE2®, Agile behaviours, concepts, frameworks and techniques.
Other key delivery team staff, including: product owners, Scrum Masters and developers.
Business professionals with an interest in iterative and incremental project delivery through collaborative working.
About the Examination
The PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation exam is an hour closed book exam consisting of 50 questions, each question is worth 1 mark, giving a maximum of 50 marks in the paper. The pass rate is 55% or 28/50.
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner
PRINCE2 Agile is a solution combining the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2. This framework covers a wide range of agile concepts, including Scrum, Kanban and Lean Startup. It provides guidance on tailoring PRINCE2 in an agile context.
Why take this PRINCE2 Agile training?
The strength of PRINCE2 lies in the areas of project direction and project management whereas agile has a very strong focus on product delivery. When PRINCE2 and agile are combined, project direction, project management and project delivery are optimized to create a complete project management solution. This training course is an extension module tailored for forward-thinking organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2. It provides further guidance on how to apply agile methods to the world’s most recognized project management method. The PRINCE2 Agile training course has been developed as a single-tier Practitioner qualification. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to demonstrate that you can apply and tailor PRINCE2 Agile in a scenario situation.
What you will learn
- Improved position in the job market and career progression within project and programme management by achieving this new qualification.
- Recognized globally with an international qualification which demonstrates your ability to apply best practice approaches to managing any and every kind of project – no matter the size or scale.
- A broad understanding of all of the key agile concepts and how these blend seamlessly into the PRINCE2 methodology.
- Flexibility to work with both ever-evolving solutions and those that are clearly defined in detail.
- Improved communication through the use of common terminology across PRINCE2 and agile disciplines.
Who should attend?
This certification is aimed at professionals who work within a project environment including key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. An understanding of the agile concepts within this Best Practice will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with program and project support functions.
PRINCE2 Agile certification
Upon successful completion of the PRINCE2 Agile training and examination, students will receive the PRINCE2 Agile certification. The purpose of the certification is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 Agile in a scenario situation.