Oracle Primavera Suite: Training | Implementation |Consulting
With each new release,Primavera’s capabilities seem endless. What once required a standard install and limited consumer knowledge now requires in-depth design and configuration. Besides potential integrations with current applications, system alignment with financial, project, portfolio, risk, and resource management goals is vital. Furthermore, Primavera implementations often come hand in hand with organizational change and project management paradigm shifts that can be overwhelming and ineffective if not handled properly.
GKC is an experienced provider of IT professional services that utilizes a proven Primavera implementation methodology, provides a carefully crafted team of experienced consultants tailored to each of your specific business needs, and delivers world- class training and adoption techniques. The goal is to provide you with the appropriate design and configuration of Primavera aligned with your current business processes and future strategic goals. GKC efficient, dedicated, and experienced project team is capable of listening, leading, architecting, implementing, training, providing consistent change management and ensuring adoption of new systems throughout your targeted divisions
Primavera P6 Implementation
Strong implementation experience in Primavera and associated solutions, key clients include some of the Fortune 500 companies.
Primavera project, program, and portfolio management best practice recommendations, architecture, implementations, technical installation and integration with current systems.
GKC expertise in Primavera P6 EPPM suite including P6, BI Publisher, Primavera Analytics, Primavera Unifier, Primavera Risk analysis and enable integration between SAP/ERP and Primavera
Tools, Accelerators and Solutions to improve the overall customer experience, and help reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Organization specific end-user training, mentoring, handholding and cultural adoption
Oracle Primavera Certified Implementation Consultants and a pool of certified project management experts.
Our Primavera Consultant covers areas such as Pre-Implementing Planning, Business Case Development, Roadmap design & Performance Reviews.
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM is one of the most powerful tools available for global project planning. If you need the ability to manage projects of any size, this robust, and easy-to-use solution is ideal for globally prioritizing, planning, managing, and executing projects, programs, and portfolios.
- Plan, schedule, and control large-scale programs and individual projects
- Managing Project Portfolios from Prioritization to Delivery
- Delivering End-to-End Visibility for Improved Decision-Making
- Balance resource capacity
- Allocate best resources and track progress
- Monitor and visualize project performance versus plan
- Foster team collaboration
- Project Management – Anytime, Anywhere Access
- Integrate with financial management and human capital management systems
Primavera Unifier – Project Controls and Facilities Asset Lifecycle Management
- Oracle’s Primavera Unifier is a best-in-class project lifecycle management solution for capital planning, project delivery, cost control, and facilities and real estate management. Primavera Unifier provides governance across all project phases, from planning and building to operations and maintenance.
The solution combines robust cost management and control, document management, schedule and resource management. As an application, Oracle Primavera, which is fully customizable, can be used to enhance and integrate critical business processes, data and documents across the organization.
- Best-in-class cost control, project delivery, and management capabilities
- Real-time visibility across projects to make fast, accurate decisions
- Easy monitoring, visualization, and adjustment of plans based on financial forecasts
- Multilevel hierarchies to model programs, portfolios, facilities, and assets
- Completely integrated and user friendly collaboration
- Simple to deploy and use
- Oracle’s Primavera Analytics is a packaged business intelligence solution that provides valuable insights into your projects and portfolios in Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management and Primavera Unifier so you can uncover trends and identify issues before they escalate, helping you to make better, informed decisions.
Primavera analytics helps you manage and handle large-scale projects with ease. The application enables you to uncover trends, discover the root cause of issues, forecast costs, and improve strategic and project-level decision-making.
- Uncover deep insights into projects
- Gain access to complete history and trends over time
- Quickly identify potential performance issues
- Correct problems throughout the project lifecycle
- Make better project portfolio decisions
- Analyze facilities and real estate management data
Primavera Risk Analysis
- Primavera Risk Analysis is a full lifecycle risk analytics solution backed by Oracle. The solution integrates directly with project schedules and cost estimates to provide quick and easy techniques to model risks and analyze the cost and schedule impacts of mitigating them.
By integrating directly with project schedules as well as cost estimates to model risks and uncertainty, Primavera Risk Analysis provides a full-lifecycle cost and schedule risk analytics solution for the Primavera project portfolio management applications.
- Identify common scheduling pitfalls
- Integrate predeveloped risk registers and define new risk registers
- Address full lifecycle risk management through advanced Monte Carlo-based cost and schedule analytics
- Report confidence levels with regard to finish dates, costs, float, internal rate of return, and net present value
What is Primavera P6 Implementation?
- The ‘out-of-the-box’ installation of Oracle Primavera P6 comes with a basic configuration set-up which requires additional customization of the administrative or ‘global’ settings in P6 to cater to your company’s needs. The whole process of customizing Primavera’s configuration is called Implementation in the Primavera world. Oracle usually relies on its Primavera partners and consulting companies with P6 Implementation Specialists to help clients set up P6 once they’ve purchased their software licenses. P6 consultants would sit down with your project team to conduct a needs analysis to help configure Primavera for you.One of the main reasons it is necessary to have P6 configured is to make sure that the security and user access settings are properly configured to be scalable from a few to 100s of users. It is important to remember that P6 is database driven, where multiple people can work on and make changes to the same project at the same time. It is necessary to ensure that people are given access to only their projects or even parts of the projects they are responsible for. Once the security profiles are created, a user can be assigned different levels of access to various parts of Primavera, whether it’s “read only” to “can edit but not delete” to “no access”.The implementation process will help set up are:1- Data Migration, Installation and configuration the Primavera components like Primavera P6 EPPM, PPM, P6 Team Member App & Integration With BI Publisher.2-Preparing EPS, OBS & Configure Security Profiles including defining users, assigning product licenses, creating and assigning profiles, configuring authentication, and defining access to OBS elements & resources.
3-Developed the Global Project data for the Primavera P6 EPPM.4- Creating the Dashboard for the various stakeholders and assigned access based on users’ roles.
5-Developed User interface views for Director, Stakeholder, Managers, Engineers & Team members.
6- Developed Project Templates based for different line of operations.
7- Developed various Reports to facilitate Project Management requirement Information Systems.
8- Perform Project Planning & Scheduling, Monitoring & Controlling activities for a Project accordingly Customer requirement.
9- Conduct Primavera Training across various user groups as a part of the roll out.
10-Prepare technical and functional documents during implementation and Documentation of SOPs, best practices during support.
What is Primavera P6 Integration?
When you purchase P6 EPPM suite, it comes with a few Tools that help other programs ‘talk’ to P6 so that data can be shared. P6 Integration API and P6 EPPM Web Services are two of the programs that allow other programs like SAP and JD Edwards to be linked with P6. The whole process of getting P6 to work with other programs is called Integration in the Primavera world. There are quite a few third party software programs available, for example, Primavera Inspire that links P6 to SAP. The creation and maintenance of the P6 link requires some IT technical expertise and usually on-going upkeep. Another factor to consider with integrations is if you upgrade or apply any service packs to P6, then that integration link may be affected. Depending on how complex the integration is, it may require re-writing or re-coding of the software scripts for the programs to communicate.
Before your company decides to integrate P6 with any existing programs it is advised that a lot of planning prior to adopting P6 is needed in order to determine the exact needs for the data transfer. A lot of companies make the mistake of trying to get the integration to do too much at the start which complicates the whole process. As a best practice, it is often better to keep the initial implementation of P6 simple without any other software integrations. This way at a secondary stage, it will give your team time to adopt and learn P6 so they can then identify the exact needs required for the integration link.
GKC Team of Oracle Primavera Certified Consultants Provide:
- Business processes evaluation & optimization
- PM Systems design and implementation
- Cultural adoption services—ensuring processes & systems are embraced by your team
- Integration with ERP (e.g. SAP, EBS) & other PM-related software
- Report & tool customization and development
- PMO staff augmentation & support
- Data migration
- Dashboard development
- User adoption issues
- Performance concerns
Risk Identification and Mitigation Practices
Organization specific end-user training, mentoring, handholding and cultural adoption