WHAT IS BIM CONSULTING?
Project Management Consulting (PMC) can describe a range of services starting with applying project management expertise to one real project, exposing your project team to the most effective practices so they can take the reins on future projects. In this mode of consulting, practices such as project charter, risk management, or Earned Value Management (EVM) might be utilized to get your project on track and keep it there. Consulting can also include helping your organization establish a customized project management framework or project management office (PMO) or providing an outsourced version of all of this work so you don’t have to worry about your projects.
Undoubtedly, BIM is the future of the Construction Industry. The system brings together working in architecture, engineering, and construction. Each industry plays some role in the build process, and those roles combine in the BIM model. The National Institute of Building Sciences defines BIM as: “A digital representation of physical and functional characteristics of a facility… and a shared knowledge resource for information about a facility forming a reliable basis for decisions during its life-cycle; defined as existing from earliest conception to demolition.”
GKC has been assisting construction companies, general & specialty contractors in their migration to BIM from CAD. We not only act as a strategic BIM partner to our clients but also educate and train them for seamless migration from CAD drafting to BIM process Implementation.
33% reduction in initial & overall life cycle costs achieved by using BIM
WHAT DO WE PROVIDE?
GKC’s Team provides BIM consulting services to facilitate our clients with seamless transition from traditional 2D CAD and paper-based workflows to rapid virtual prototype enabled by efficient 3D BIM models in Revit, without a lot of upfront investments. This enables us in merging models, clash detection, elimination of errors, automating reporting, and efficient collaboration between offices and the field teams.
We leverage the rich experience of our BIM consulting team in advanced VDC technology, to deliver custom BIM solutions for people, process and technology challenges for our clients across the AEC industry.
Our BIM Consulting and Advisory Services include setting up your organization on the right trajectory for successfully adopting and utilizing BIM technologies and processes. We customize our service to be undertaken at an organization level or at a project level. Some of the key activities/services we provide our clients include but not limited to are as below:
- Finalization of organization-level BIM Goals and Objectives
- Finalization of project-level BIM Goals and Objectives
- Identifying project-specific targeted BIM Uses
- Preparation of RACI (Responsible-Accountable-Consulted-Informed) Matrix
- Preparation of Process Maps required to implement BIM uses
- Capability Assessment
- Assessment of Training Requirements
- Setting up of BIM Standards and Processes
- Defining contract languages and BIM specifications
- Finalizing stage-wise LOMD/LOD/LOI requirements
- Utilizing above and other information to prepare documents like-
- Employer’s Information Requirements (EIR)
- Pre-contract and post-contract BIM Execution Plans
- Model Production & Delivery Table (MPDT)
- Asset Information Requirements (AIR)
Our BIM consulting services include:
- BIM Implementation
- BIM Project Integration
- Coordination among trades
- Clash detection & resolution
- 3D Visualization
- BIM Execution Planning (BEP)
- BIM Training
- Material take-off/ Quantity Estimation
- Model Template creation
- BIM Model Auditing
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE US?
We at GKC first understand the client’s business needs and then define the right BIM implementation for domains like architecture, engineering, construction, fabrication and erections. As part of our BIM execution planning (BEP), we address inherent business and process challenges encountered during adopting and implementing BIM; ultimately empowering our clients to achieve strategic goals and attain competitive advantage.
- BIM adoption & implementation with assured ROI
- Knowledge, insights & guidance to manage risk systematically
- Plan construction projects more effectively for stronger bottom lines
- Accelerate BIM and technology implementation
- Scale efficiently while also generating increased profits
- Empower your in-house teams to leverage new solutions for effective and better results